Vice Presidential Candidate - Nancy Padilla

Scott's picture

Use this topic to discuss the candicacy of Nancy Padilla.

Scott
—————
"An intractable problem can only be resolved by stepping beyond conventional solutions." — Ozymandias

Scott's picture

Re: Vice Presidential Candidate - Nancy Padilla

Let's record the candidate statement for posterity, and accountability.

My name is Nancy Padilla. I am a rank and file activist who has lived in Hermiston for 35 years.

I am employed as a Protective Services Caseworker for the Department of Human Services, Child Welfare Program for the past 18 years in Morrow and Umatilla Counties.

Before starting my career with working with children and families; I coordinated the delivery of employment-related services to migrant and seasonal farm workers in eastern Oregon. I worked closely with the United Farm Workers Union and other Unions in advocating for farm workers.

I have served three terms as a gubernatorial appointee to the Oregon Commission of Hispanic Affairs and three terms on the Oregon Commission for Women.

QUALIFICATIONS:
18 years in key leadership positions with SEIU Local 503, OPEU. I have worked diligently in serving the members of this great union. I have spoken on behalf of workers in worksites, to governors and legislators on the local, state and national level. I have been involved in many campaigns at my worksite and recruited members and 2-cent contributors. I have participated in phone banking, canvassing and gathering petition signatures.

I have served as Statewide President, Vice President and Immediate Past President. I ahve served as District Director, Assistant District Director, founding member of the Latino Caucus, Psat Chair Human and Civil Rights Committee, District 5 CAPE Chair, DHS bargaining delegate and current SDA 12 Chair. DHS bargaining delegate, General Council delegate, Steward, Staff Screening Committee, Member Political Action, Member Restructure Committee.

My decision to run for Vice President is based on my commitment and willingness to contribute toward building our union to the best of my ability and representing members with respect and integrity. I have the qualifications and I am committed to members holding the power to make decisions for the future of our union. I believe a strong union is built by direct involvement and empowerment of members. I enjoy the challenge of seeking solutions to issues facing members, encouraging and motivating members to take power in our work places and ownership of our union.

GOALS:
Bargain strong contracts with fair wages and defend our healthcare, protect our pensions and protect workers rights in the work place.

Increase member activism by continuing to recruit new members and create stronger leadership training programs for work place activists.

Mentor, support and encourage members to be active and more involved.

Continue building a strong political program, elect pro-worker legislators and hold them accountable.

We need to elect legislators willing to step up to the plate so we can bargain better contracts for members and have the funds to provide quality services for clients. We need to elect pro-worker legislators who will restructure Oregon's tax system and protect pensions, benefits and workers' rights. We need to increase our CAPE contributors and continue to build a strong political program.

Scott
—————
"An intractable problem can only be resolved by stepping beyond conventional solutions." — Ozymandias

Re: Vice Presidential Candidate - Nancy Padilla

This woman is a poor choice for any position of leadership. She is racist and extremely left-wing. I have dealt with her on a professional level and this woman strongly feels she is above the law and will push her personal agendas through, no matter how unfair or self-serving. BEWARE!!!

Post new comment

By posting content to EyeOnThe503.com, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service. This includes the use of Mollom's web service to monitor submissions for content, which is governed by Mollom's Privacy Policy.

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Avast! This website be taken over by pirates on September 19th. Yarr!

More information about formatting options