Executive Director Candidate - Leslie Frane

Scott's picture

Use this topic to discuss the candicacy of Executive Director.

Scott
—————
"An intractable problem can only be resolved by stepping beyond conventional solutions." — Ozymandias

Scott's picture

Re: Executive Director Candidate - Leslie Frane

Let's record the candidate statement for posterity, and accountability.

I'm Leslie Frane. I'm proud to be our Union's current Executive Director and I'd be honored to be re-elected for another term.

Our union has accomplished a lot in recent years:

• We've made major strides toward fair wages and benefits for all our members.
  • We've involved more members and leaders in union activity and strengthened the locals that make up Local 503.
  • We've doubled in size, by organizing thousands of new members into the union.
  • We've become a political powerhouse with recognized clout and the savvy to exercise it strategically.

If you re-elect me, I'll work tirelessly to continue our progress. I'll apply my integrity and tenacity toward reaching our goal of justice and dignity for all working people.

I hope you will vote for me and also for the rest of the Four for the Future Team: Linda Burgin for President, Sonya Reichwein for Vice President, and Barbara Casey for Secretary-Treasurer.

Together, we will be a united leadership team that stands for:

• United leadership with integrity and commitment
  • Member involvement in every aspect of our union
  • Strong contracts, with zealous contract enforcement and ceaseless efforts to win fair working conditions
  • Political power, with a focus on holding politicians accountable to the working men and women who elect them
  • Continued growth, to strengthen our members' collective voice
  • Transparency and democracy in union decision making and financial management
  • A talented staff that mentors and supports member leaders
  • Increased influence for workers in decisions about how our work is done so we can deliver the highest possible quality of service

With both a proven track record and a bold vision for the future, I hope to provide the leadership SEIU Local 503, OPEU needs to take on the significant challenges we'll face in the next two years.

It would be a privilege to be re-elected, so that together, we can confront these challenges, build a stronger union and win for our members.

It then goes on to list 24 Local Presidents that backed Leslie for re-election.

Scott
—————
"An intractable problem can only be resolved by stepping beyond conventional solutions." — Ozymandias

Post new comment

By posting content to EyeOnThe503.com, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service. This includes the use of Mollom's web service to monitor submissions for content, which is governed by Mollom's Privacy Policy.

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Avast! This website be taken over by pirates on September 19th. Yarr!

More information about formatting options